This highly practical course is aimed at those interested in film and video making. The course encourages experimentation and creative development. It includes all aspects of digital video film making as well as an emphasis on the use of sound and editing using Premiere Pro. The course provides a foundation in aspects of the moving image and sound, to allow students to understand current developments and deal with changes in technology. It will also give students the opportunity to develop commercial links and build solid industry standard skills to increase their prospects in the local business market. It will enable learners to develop a portfolio of work that can be shown to potential employers or higher educational establishments. Students will be given the freedom to develop creatively, within the criteria of the unit briefs, and produce projects that may relate to their own personal interests and experiences. All the HNC students have the opportunity to liaise and work with commercial companies and businesses to help establish early industry links.
The course comprises of eight units, the majority of which are practical.
• Contextual Studies for Creative Media Production
• Research Techniques for Creative Media Production
• Practical Skills for Moving Image Production
• Film Studies
• Development and Techniques of Film and Video Editing
• Promotional Video Production
• Camera & Lighting Techniques for Moving Image Production
• Music Video Production
• All the Equipment & expertise of first year University for 1/3 of the cost.
• The Higher National Certificate allows students to go directly into the second year of a degree course - this will allow the students to reduce overall course education costs.
• Our students have completed the HNC & joined a second year degree course saving £6000 in study costs
The course tuition fees are £3000. Tuition fees are either paid off in one installment or 3 installments of £1000 throughout the academic year.
For more information on course content you can visit the course blog site, which links to current student blogs, where examples of practical and academic work can be found.
• All students have their own independent space and IMac